Wednesday, June 13, 2012

TRAVELLING WITH KIDS :: VANCOUVER

Our little trip to Vancouver was such a blast and so refreshing. I love a good crowd and some decent shopping, so it was perfect! Some of our favourite things were Granville Island markets & Stanley Park. Granville is so arty and colourful - just my kind of thing. There's really cute shops and a public market with food displayed beautifully, which made it a feast for the eyes and the tummy! We were planning to take a ferry over from the city, but it was a little damp that morning  unfortunately .

Thankfully we had one sunny day which was perfect for Stanley park. It was even warm enough for Levi to get into his swimmers for a run through the water playground. If we had more time I would have liked to go to the Aquarium there at the park, but our days were packed full. So, it's on the list for our next visit.

I also got in some shopping for household supplies and essentials. We visited Ikea, Metrotown and even crossed the border to the States on one afternoon. We took the scenic route back to Canada via Fairhaven. I was too busy taking in the scenery to grab a photo, but it was such a beautiful coastal town with quaint village type atmosphere. (Retirement perhaps?!)

Well, now that I've had my city fix, I'm ready to get back into life here on the lake...till next time at least! : )
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
(A little too cold for Ellie yet I think! xo)

1 comments:

  1. I just found your blog via DesignMom...welcome to Canada! I'm just outside of Vancouver in Abbotsford and let's hope that this chilly weather finally turns into summer! Glad you had a fun time in the city...so curious as to where your new lodge is. Hope you get settled in soon :)
    ~Lily

    ReplyDelete

So great to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. I'll always answer your questions so please check back for a reply! xo

P.S I had to put the verification back on as spam was well...spamming me! : )