Wednesday, October 26, 2011

PERFECT PAIR BABY SHOWER

So Saturday was the big day for my sisters baby shower! It was pretty, a lot of fun and came together so beautifully. Salem got to hang out with her friends and celebrate the impending arrival of these little twins!
Photobucket
We based the whole theme on a 'Perfect Pair'. You can see the invite & mood board which were the inspiration behind the whole theme. We'd worked out a menu a while before, and had all the female family members contribute something which definitely took the pressure off in the kitchen department!

One big box of pears, some baby's breath and some props I or us girls already had, made it quite easy to decorate (I love it when a style fits with personal taste!). I think the biggest outlay was the re-covering of the couch...but more on that later.

Here's how it all looked on the day...rustic, pretty and yummy!
Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
The macarons were served in a lace bowl made from a doilie. And chocolate mousse in little jars with wooden spoons attached. So cute! Photobucket Photobucket
The drinks and take home treats were displayed on a white sideboard table. I used party dots cut with a flourish punch and 'sealed' with baking paper and jute string.
The take home treats were muslin bags filled with Nutella truffles (seriously good!); with a thank you hang tag, jute string and sprig of baby's breath.
And another sister made a green ombre cake inspired by this one. It was with great anticipation that Mercy cut into it to see that yes, all the layers were in fact in the right order :)
Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket
Some cute little 'perfect pair' onesies as a gift.
Photobucket
And a photo of me and my sisters - including my 29wk pregnant tummy! (Unfortunately my sister-in-law had gone home when we took this and I didn't realise till later I didn't get a photo of Salem & my mum. Sniff.) I truly love a big family!

It was such a fun afternoon! I was going to share about the couch makeover, but I will release you from the longest post in history, and share tomorrow.

Until then, you can enjoy 50% off this new collection in my store till the end of the month!

A big thanks also to these great suppliers:
Macarons // Bubble & Sweet
Wooden Cutlery // Polkadot Prints
Stamp // Sweet Style
Flourish Punch // Tom Kat Studio
Perfect Pair Stationery // Polkadot Prints

7 comments:

  1. This is so great Jordan! Love all the rustic elements and using the pears as a label holder! Fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty palate, it's so amazing that you brought together a stack of food from other people and your table looks so pulled together and stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant execution! Love the mix of sweet and savoury and everything looks lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful shower! Would you tell me where I can find the recipes for the upside down? cake and the beverage you served please?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Post….. I read a few of your other posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read a few of your other posts. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to reading more from you down the road!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You write good content, I am looking for this thanks for sharing it will help others.

    ReplyDelete

So great to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. I'll always answer your questions so please check back for a reply! xo

P.S I had to put the verification back on as spam was well...spamming me! : )