Wednesday, October 5, 2011

HAPPY PLACES :: ART STORES

I wanted to start a new little series around here where I can share with you all my 'happy places'. I have a few shops, cafe's and activities, that make me plain ole' happy and make me feel like I'm living the best life possible. I often leave with my creativity boosted and busting with fun ideas.  I truly feel blessed to live in a free country with many so many 'happy' opportunities.
Photobucket
Today's 'Happy Place' is the ever-inspiring art store. I regularly pop into Riot, but yesterday I was at a routine Dr's appointment which just happens to be down the road from an Eckersley's. I hadn't been into one since I finished my design degree...quite a while!  I got so inspired by the colours, paper, tools and gadgets for art and craft...there was a rainbow of colour at every turn!
Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
I picked up some watercolour supplies. (I've seen lots of fun things with watercolour lately and I'm ready to give it a whirl on an upcoming project.) I even had Levi with me, and he was gold! (Didn't touch much at all :) He loved the paper, paints and he was quite taken with the life-sized human sketching model!

I'll share some more of my fave places in the weeks to come, but I'd love to know what some of your happy places are!

{Images:: taken on my iPhone with permission}

2 comments:

  1. I smiled at this post, such a great idea to post your happy places! My happy place is a craft store (much like Michaels Craft), I'm not much a painter or scrapbooker but needlepoint crafts ... oh how I can get lost in a craft store! Like being beamed up to the mother ship.
    Thanks for sharing this, I really enjoyed your blog!! Glad I surfed in with the "next blog" feature!!

    ReplyDelete

So great to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. I'll always answer your questions so please check back for a reply! xo

P.S I had to put the verification back on as spam was well...spamming me! : )