Monday, August 8, 2011

PIZZA SCROLLS :: RECIPE

Photobucket
Today I bring you the ever-faithful pizza scroll. It's another of my go-to recipes that I pull out for parties, morning tea, lunches, girls nights...and I haven't met someone yet who doesn't like them (unless my friends are all being really polite!).

To be honest the word 'recipe' is used very loosely in this instance, because there is actually no measuring or mixing of any kind. Hooray! They are super simple and easy enough for little helpers too!

Ingredients:
:: Puff Pastry Sheets
:: Pizza sauce
:: Ham
:: Pineapple
:: Cheese & any other vegies or pizza toppings you like.
Photobucket
Lay out the puff pastry sheets to thaw. Spread with pizza sauce (I use Leggo's squeeze bottle pizza sauce). Sprinkle with your toppings - meat, vegies, then top with cheese.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Employ the ever faithful pizza scroll maker on this job {those cheeks are not usually that big}
Photobucket
{And...beware of mice! :) }
Photobucket
 Roll up into a log
Photobucket
Cut into rounds. I get ten good sized rounds out of one sheet, but you could do thinner ones and get more if you prefer.

Place rounds face up on a tray lined with baking paper (makes for an easy clean up and so you're not scrubbing cheese off your trays for weeks to come!). Bake in a moderate oven for about 10-15mins or until cheese and pastry are golden brown.
Photobucket
Eat warm, and just see if you can stop at only one!

Once you get in the groove and puff pastry is a regular in your freezer, you can just chuck whatever you like on these, I often use grated carrott, or diced capsicum to get the vegie quota in. Or you could just do cheese and pizza sauce... Let me know what combo's you try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So great to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. I'll always answer your questions so please check back for a reply! xo

P.S I had to put the verification back on as spam was well...spamming me! : )