Tuesday, April 12, 2011

IRON-ON TRANSFERS

This post is in response to a question one of my readers asked (thanks Krystal) and I thought maybe it's something that may help you when using printables on fabric.
I have done a few projects over time that use my designs on fabric. For these projects I use iron-on transfer paper. (For the record, this is the only time I actually enjoy ironing something :)
Photobucket
This is the brand I like and I get it from Officeworks. I have used other brands but they seem to have a white base which shows up if you don't trim exactly to the edge of the design. This Canon brand seems to be a little more forgiving in that it's transparent so white actually shows up clear (may not work if you're putting white onto something however!).
Photobucket
On my spring picnic & midnight snack bags you can see the base bag colour instead of white. The middle photo is from a t-shirt I made with a different product and you can see the gaps between the letters, and up close it looks a little bit dodgy with a clear white base. This brand just looks a little more polished. I hope that helps. If you have tried another brand that works great, I'd love to know about it!

Happy Ironing :)

{new things in store: wooden scoops & easter printables :: And last chance to vote!}

1 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for this - I have been wanting to do this for ages. Might just pop this on my list when going to officeworks this week...

    ReplyDelete

So great to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. I'll always answer your questions so please check back for a reply! xo

P.S I had to put the verification back on as spam was well...spamming me! : )