Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Archie Carnival Party :: Market Display

I decided to do up a dessert table for my market stall based on Archie (a carnival themed print I posted about a little while ago). I wanted to showcase how my invitations and paper goods could be used to theme an event. It had fairly basic elements considering space, but meant the stationery and colours remained the hero. 
 
I was feeling adventurous and decided to decorate a cake as a centre piece (never done one like this before - knowing I wouldn't get it completely smooth, I did it intentionally rough!! - work with your weaknesses I say!) The red dots are giant smarties!
Menu labels & Bakerella inspired cake pops
Themed popcorn cones with Polkadot party dots
Other than my cake turning into a complete blue puddle with the heat, everything else held up amazingly well! 

The complete Archie Collection is available in my store :: Invitations, Party Dots, Menu Labels, Favour tin toppers. 

5 comments:

  1. Adorei!
    Parabéns Pelo trabalho, simples e Sofisticado!
    Beijos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! love the display and the colors are fantastic!

    Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
    party inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Jordan! You could ice a FOAM cake with something that looked like icing!! then you could pull it out week after week with no puddles!! Fabulous idea and your stall would have been that much more inviting!

    ReplyDelete

So great to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. I'll always answer your questions so please check back for a reply! xo

P.S I had to put the verification back on as spam was well...spamming me! : )