Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Heart for Haiti


Well, we're all shocked and saddened by what we see on the news about Haiti.

I have lived in Africa and seen tragedy. My parents have been involved with Compassion, and have visited Haiti themselves. I know poverty and despair first hand. I know that Haiti is the poorest country in the world. From that status to then having a disaster like this strike..that I have'nt seen - there are no words...


It never fails to challenge me though that just by the fact of where you are born determines opportunity, or lack there of, in life. I always feel that in my 'plenty' it is my obligation to do something for those who don't even have 'enough'.
  
I don't want to force anything upon you, but if you would like to donate to the Haiti relief fund and don't know how...can I suggest Compassion? You can donate via their website here. Every little bit helps!


And let's continue to pray for that nation in the months and years ahead. A long road, but our neighbours need our love... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

So great to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. I'll always answer your questions so please check back for a reply! xo

P.S I had to put the verification back on as spam was well...spamming me! : )