Saturday, January 28, 2012

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY

Photobucket
Happy Australia Day for Thursday! I hope you had a fun day those of you who celebrated! We had some friends over for pizza, pool and ice cream. I really enjoyed emerging from newborn-world, and getting my craft on! I pottered about designing some printables and pulling a few props together, most of which I had on hand (which is lucky as I haven't mastered getting out by myself with two children just yet).
I know it may sound a little bit 'bogan', but I actually love the Southern Cross. I was inspired completely by this shoot I shared last year. I needed some other signage for our little get together, so there are a few more themed Australia Day freebies for you at the end of this post that work in with their invites and other printables. A little last minute addition were these fun fans for each person - it was so humid, they came in handy!
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
I used party dots on the ice cream cups, and buffet circles for some of the food.Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
And Australia Day is not complete without a dip in the pool! Fun times!
Photobucket
Here are the links to the free Australia Day printables for you. I know it's a little late for this year, but file them away for your next 26th January festivities!
Australia Day Party Dots
Australia Day Sparkler Cards - I ran out of time to put these together...glassine envelopes here
Australia Day Fan Circles
Australia Day Straw/Food tabs

Original Inspiration by Wedding Style Guide's free printables.

4 comments:

  1. Your inspiration of the Southern Cross is NOT bogan in the slightest...as always, your party demonstrates class and elegance all the way.

    What is bogan is when some elements of our population use our Southern Cross as a literal and metaphorical cover for behaviour which is crass, racist and, even, illegal. Thank you for sharing these most beautiful printables and it's lovely to see you had an enjoyable day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple yet stylish! Love it Jordan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. great issues altogether, you simply received a {logo new|a new} reader. What might you suggest about your post that you simply made a few days in the past? Any positive?
    Sound Percussion Double Boom Cymbal Stands - 2-pack

    ReplyDelete

So great to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. I'll always answer your questions so please check back for a reply! xo

P.S I had to put the verification back on as spam was well...spamming me! : )