Thursday, January 31, 2013

ROLLER DERBY IS ANOTHER WORLD

Last weekend we went to a roller derby event. One of our friends here in Edmonton invited us to a match, as a colleague of hers was in one of the teams. It was hilarious! I'm always fascinated by sub-cultures that are totally different to mine. This was one of them; a little bit emo, a little bit punk, and a whole lot of black patterned tights & lycra. With names like 'Break Away', 'Brazilian Whacks' & 'Bam Bam', it was no wonder there are some wild 'jams' of pushing & shoving. I had to google the rules and while I don't think I'll be taking it up anytime soon, it was fun, cheap night out.
Have you ever seen this sport other than the movies? Or maybe you're on a team, how did you get involved?
 photo 130130_RollerDerby3_zps0ad92b98.png Roller Derby | Polkadot Prints photo 130130_RollerDerby-4_zpsc5989460.png

2 comments:

So great to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. I'll always answer your questions so please check back for a reply! xo

P.S I had to put the verification back on as spam was well...spamming me! : )