Saturday, December 31, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I'm always a little behind the eight ball when it comes to celebrating new years. And let's be frank, in the past few years, I've struggle to make it to the magic 12 o'clock, but I do like the new outlook, the freshness off the start to a new year.

"What is the one word or sentence that sums up 2011 for you?"
My dad asked this today at a family lunch and the word that sprung to mind first for me was: "transitional". It's been a year of waiting; in a holding pattern or "limbo-land"as I often call it. Our house is temporary, we've been waiting for decisions about a big move next year, and we're growing from one child to two not to mention all the little day to day ups and downs of life. I'm ready to launch and for things start to move forward in 2012! Bring on a season of 'new'!
Photobucket
{Image source: here & here}
I really feel that the best is yet to come next year. I like to think of the cup half full, so I do get this way every year when I think about the potential a whole new year brings. But, maybe this year it will be more tangible in a way.
I've been thinking a lot about what my business too and what that will look like next year. How much time I want to spend on it, what I want it to say and how I want to position myself in the industry's I find myself a part of. It's been a bit of a brain drain and sometimes I've felt like I am going to be going against the tide with some changes I'm going to be implementing, but I feel it is right. So, you may see some things changing around this place, some new priorities and maybe even a new look (yay!!).

I saw this New years resolution kit via Dandee today and I wish it was around in the past two weeks for me to get my thoughts together about goal setting for 2012. You never know, it still may come in handy as I deliberate and make some intentional decisions... : )

Here are a few other things I've seen around that would be fun as we celebrate and welcome in this new year:
Glitter sequin photobooth wall
Surprise party
New Years in a box

So what about you, what sums up 2011 for you? And what is your one word/sentence goal or hope for 2012? I'd love to hear!

1 comments:

  1. My word for 2012 is Reclaim. I wrote about it here http://craftingintherain.blogspot.com/2011/12/word-of-year.html
    Best wishes fot your new year!

    ReplyDelete

So great to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. I'll always answer your questions so please check back for a reply! xo

P.S I had to put the verification back on as spam was well...spamming me! : )