Sunday, January 23, 2011

Hope :: From my friend Liz

After feeling a little bit "meh" and in bit of a funk being post-holidays & post-flood. I'm just about cured and have been kick started me back into regular posts by one of my favourite friends, Liz. Hooray!!
You may remember her daughters shabby chic party? So sweet! We are so alike on many levels (neither of our brains turn off I don't think!). And she is always sending me fabulous finds on the web that often make their way into my weekly "weekend whiparound's". (Thanks Liz!)

I'd asked her a while back that if she ever felt inspired to share some of her party or styling finds, then I'd love to share them here on my blog.  While not specific to party's or styling, she sent me an email last night of some of her thoughts, which I found really encouraging, and so I wanted to share it with you.



.............................................................................................................
Hope. I have this recurring theme in my life at the moment. Little messages that keep popping up and reminding me. The Christmas decoration, the photo, the verse. 

Hope for things to come, hope in a brand new day, hope for healing and all things good.
Faith is having hope in things unseen. There are things in our life that all we can do is have faith and hope. And there are times when you can step on up and say “Let’s do this well and make things happen.” This year, for me, is going to be a year of making things happen – going to the gym at 5.30am for the Bodystep class, making special moments with my daughter when we’re having mummy daughter time at home, biting my tongue when those words won’t encourage, giving of my time and creativity and loving life in its ‘everydayness’. 

What will 2011 mean for you? It’s not too late to make some resolutions. I’m not a big one for New Year resolutions, but I am a big one for making plans. And this year one of my plans is sticking to my plans!

So I wanted to help my good friend, Jordan, kick start her year. May it be a fabulous year. She is such a creative, fun and caring woman and I’d just love to see her love for design and business plans really take shape and take off and her personal aspirations come true! The sky is the limit. If you have business dreams or personal hopes, go after them and at least you’ll know you gave it a go. And most of all, cling to your faith. 

Hope is a great encourager. It spurs us on and brings sparks of joy. Sometimes it’s a deep-seeded urge we cling to and other times it’s like a spring-time flower bursting forth. May this New Year be full of hope – in whatever form and for whatever your heart desires.

.............................................................................................................
I want to do that 'everydayness' stuff more, don't you? Thank you my friend, your words are perfect!

Now that things are feeling back to normal (what is that again?!) I'm looking forward to sharing more party-related projects this week! Till then my friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment

So great to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. I'll always answer your questions so please check back for a reply! xo

P.S I had to put the verification back on as spam was well...spamming me! : )