Thursday, October 20, 2011

DIY LABOUR KIT

Photobucket
Never fear, my blog isn't turning into a baby blog and I'm not about to share labour stories, but it just feels a little bit like baby season at the moment in my world. One of my closest friends is due any day now, and last week I put together a bit of a fun and positive 'labour kit' for her as her due date closes in. Some of it practical, but some just because.

Kit included:
  • Gatorade (they say labour's like a marathon....)
  • Chocolate or "energy pellets"
  • Mini Oreo's or "husband support power" - it can get tough for the guys! :)
  • Brie Cheese & Crackers (just because you can't have it when you're pregnant)
  • Magazine
  • Puzzle Book
Photobucket Photobucket
 I put a few fun stickers on some of the bits and pieces and packed it all in a hamper box.
Photobucket
Since the gender is a secret, I based the colour scheme on this invite which I used for a personal note inside, as well as a matching hang tag. Let me know if you're interested and I can add the tags to the store...

I think it kind of turned out fun without getting too scary! Anything else you'd add to a labour kit for a friend?


7 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous, Jordan! I wish I had one of those when I was giving birth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant and unique idea! I would have been thrilled to receive one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Post….. I read a few of your other posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read a few of your other posts. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to reading more from you down the road!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You write good content, I am looking for this thanks for sharing it will help others.

    ReplyDelete

So great to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. I'll always answer your questions so please check back for a reply! xo

P.S I had to put the verification back on as spam was well...spamming me! : )